[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by kaynish1
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Immigration Refresh page to view new replies
 Re-entering US
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 09-12-08 3:26 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I don't think that is going to be a problem.
Posted on 09-12-08 6:43 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

dont worry dude u wont have any problem........ go home and enjoy. i was in the same situation last year....let me know if u have any question

Have a nice trip

Posted on 09-12-08 8:40 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Don't worry!

One of my close friend got in trouble for selling cigarettes to minor. I beleive she had to pay like $150 or something in fine. She  went home this summer and was back to states, without any issue.

Good luck!

Posted on 09-13-08 1:33 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    


Selling an alcoholic beverage to a minor is a Class A Misdemeanor in most of the states, (I am not sure what state you are from), and if you are convicted of it, it could be a ground for denial of reentry (and it also proves that you were working without working permits and another ground for denial). Just because you have not received any citation or arrest warning does not mean that there isn't one. So check your local police station or ABC and see if there are any pending citation/arrest warning against you. If you do not feel comfortable with this, have your employer check for this. You really need need to know this even if you are not going back home for the winter. You need to take care of this if you are planning to apply for H1/Green card /citizenship etc.

BTW, knockknock, there is a hell of a difference between selling cigarettes to a minor and selling alcohol to a minor, just so you know.

Posted on 09-13-08 10:56 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Well John, I wasn't trying to explain in legal terms. But you are right, there is a difference between selling alcohol to a minor than selling cigarettes. Selling cigarettes comes under Class B Misdemeanor (atleast in my state, not sure about the other states). Well in my state the difference between them is the amount of fine and the duration of jail terms, with category A being higher (it's like upto $4000 fine for Category A and about $2000 fine for category B...etc..)

Now the point is (since my friend didn't had issue with the re-entry or was asked any question), are there any laws that states that you are eligible for reentry if you have Misdemeanor B, but then you will have an issue having Misdemeanor A ? If there is , please let me know. 

Posted on 09-13-08 3:28 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

As long as they did not cite your name or SSN or your name is not in the police record there is nothing at all to worry about, keeping aside all the rule and fines and what not. Usually in such instances the liquor department goes after the owner not the employee because he is responsible for the conduct of his employee unless the owner is a real jerk and makes you pay the fine and not surprisingly desis do.

Posted on 10-29-08 11:53 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

i had the same problem guys(i had same case related to cigrattes issue), it was a sting operation and they sent this old looking guy and i was caught but in my case they took my name and DL number and i had to pay 160 fine(it was in may) and after 2 months i again went to city office to check and they told me that since i already have paid my fine,my case was closed.even i am planning to go home this winter, is there any problem re-entering?help me out guys, any one experienced with same kind of problem???
Posted on 10-29-08 12:04 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

unless your name is not in http://www.ice.gov/ list ...you should be fine!!!!!
Last edited: 29-Oct-08 12:09 PM

Posted on 10-29-08 4:07 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

As long as you have a valid visa to re-enter, you'll be fine. Just go Nepal and Enjoy with your friends and family.

Posted on 10-29-08 4:25 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

thanks shailendra bro, ani ice_cop bro, ice ko list ko deal ke ho.alli bhuje na,can u explain and how can i find out if im the list.plz ali bhujaidinu.would really appreciate it.last hang bhai sakyo....ke soche ra aako us,ke bhayo ke bhayo...job ta aba ke paiyela ra baru aba ta ghar jaana lai pani sochne bela bhai sakyo......kati thari ko tension sala yo us ma,plz yar bro haru koi yei situtation bata gujri sake ko bhaye...kei suggestion dinu na......

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 90 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
nrn citizenship
ढ्याउ गर्दा दसैँको खसी गनाउच
TPS EAD auto extended to June 2025 or just TPS?
whats wrong living with your parents ?
Ajay Kumar Dev sentenced to 378 yrs
Why Americans reverse park?
TPS advance parole Travel document i-131, Class of Admission ?
मैले नबुझेका केहि गीत का lyrics हरु
मन भित्र को पत्रै पत्र!
Now Trump is a convicted criminal .
TPS Renewal Reregistration
They are openly permitting undocumented immigrants to participate in federal elections in Arizona now.
Does the 180 day auto extension apply for TPS?
lost $3500 on penny stocks !!!
Biden said he will issue new Employment visa for someone with college degree and job offers
Shot Dead
Nepali Passport Renewal
Nepalese Students Face Deportation over Pro-Palestine Protest
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters