[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by devilwithoutacoz
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Help ( Out of status)
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 01-04-09 9:12 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I been out of status almost for 2 yrs now because of financial problems. Is there any chances of getting back to F1 status. I have heard some colleges in Texas and some other states might accept s, but I am not sure. Please help me out, if possible.
I will appreciate your help a lot.

Posted on 01-04-09 9:25 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

why not wait until the new President does something good?

Posted on 01-04-09 12:25 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

i highly doubt that the new president will be able to do anything.  with the current economic situation, unemployment inssues etc, immigration is going to be on the backburner and also a very hot button issue. i dont think barak obama wants to play with fire right after moving into the oval office.
Posted on 01-04-09 6:05 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Go to any college and get new I-20 then you will need to file reinstatement. and if it approved then you will be in F1 or if denied you will have to leave the country. but i had been 2 years then i do not have any idea.

But I think if you then try out.


Posted on 01-04-09 7:39 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hey talk with your advisor of your last college. See what they say? Probably apply for reinstatement or leave the country with valid I-20 which advisor will give you with his or her signature and come back with new i-94 and you should be fine.
Posted on 01-05-09 8:51 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thank you all for your time. Yess, i did talk to my advisers a year ago. They told me to leave the country and apply with a new I-20. But I was kinda skeptical to leave because I was already out of status almost for 2 sems. But considering this miserable life now, I already started thinking about leaving and try at least once back home.
So, I was just wondering if I can reinstate in here instead of going back to Nepal with a very possibility of getting stuck in there before I make final decision to leave this country.
Please please Let me know, If anyone of you know or heard of colleges which accepts for reinstatement and the process.

I appreciate your help a lot.

Posted on 01-05-09 12:47 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

I was in a similar situation few years ago...was out of status for a year. My advisor said I should go back and try again with new I-20. A very big immigration lawyer in Texas had this to say " Don't be stupid, if you go back home and apply, they will nail you on the wall'. I am glad I did not go. My suggestion: get a new I-20 here and go back.


Posted on 01-05-09 2:09 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Immigration lawyer from Texas is darn right bro. Don't go back even though you have a new I-20, that would be the biggest mistake you'll ever make. Try to get re-instate here, if not then try to go legally to Canada.
Posted on 01-07-09 4:58 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

consider marrying US citizen or filing asylum if F1 re-instate does not work out  .If approve you will get permanent residency and will be able to continue your education..

Posted on 01-07-09 9:36 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Here's my personal experience. I was out of status too. My fault, I worked more than 20 hr in the college. The whole scenario gets more messy. But I left within 5 months to Nepal.. Actually, I left US 2hr before my 5 months deadline expires.
Your situation is sounds little more complicated. I would NOT recommend you to leave states, cause your chances of coming back is almost nil, unless luck is on your side. You have passed the 5 months deadline.
I am not sure if the embassy in Nepal knows it or not, cause when I went to apply for Visa for my master's they never asked me about my violation or anything, and issued me visa within 5 minutes.
However in the port of entry, it shows in the system and I was called in for question by the immigration officer. I explained them my situation and in the system it showed that I did not over stayed. So they didn't had problem letting me in. In fact if I had overstayed even by 1 day, they could have send me back.
That's the reason I don;t recommend you to leave.
you can spend hours googling information and gets several opinion from people around. But I would strongly suggest get a hold of a good lawyer, if you are planning to go outside US.
Cause if you leave right now, you might have a 10 year ban on you to re-enter US.
Check options about finishing your studies in Canada or smthing. But then I'm not sure if you can make it to USA again or not.
Good luck!
Posted on 01-08-09 7:41 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thank you all for your input and suggestions.
Mysteryman2055, how did U get outta this mess ( If U did without marrying a US citizen).
Poon-Hill/ Knockknock how can I get to Canada when I am into this situation in states. Do U guys have any idea??
Also, I am looking for colleges which help/ accept for reinstatement. If U guys have any idea please let me know.
Thanks a lot again.
Last edited: 08-Jan-09 07:46 AM
Last edited: 08-Jan-09 07:47 AM

Posted on 01-08-09 8:49 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

hey fren my suggestion is please don't gamble with your life and your oppurtunity ...see you already made a mistake knowingly ...i suggest do what you initially thought to do before you make any other decision ... actually to speak legally i don't see any way around and your university / college might have filed your case to INS already since you missed two semester and even didn't released your SEVIS to some other colleges ...and even didn't called them before hand well they would have gave you semester break if you were in financial or health trouble  ...at least you should have been keep moving ....

I am really sorry bro .....i know a lot of brothers who gave up going to colleges but still making their fortunes herein ,....i don't know about you sorry brother

Posted on 01-08-09 8:53 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

i suggest you to check with brookhaven college, dallas.  you might get some help from there.


Posted on 01-09-09 7:55 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

ek@l, Thx alot. I will contact them ASAP. I will let you guys know what happens.
Raju161 thx.

Posted on 01-10-09 1:47 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 30 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
TPS EAD auto extended to June 2025 or just TPS?
whats wrong living with your parents ?
Ajay Kumar Dev sentenced to 378 yrs
TPS advance parole Travel document i-131, Class of Admission ?
Now Trump is a convicted criminal .
Does the 180 day auto extension apply for TPS?
Biden said he will issue new Employment visa for someone with college degree and job offers
Nepali Passport Renewal
Facts showing how US is worse than Russia
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters