[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by herealone
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Refresh page to view new replies
 Yesto pani huncha schoolma?
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 03-13-11 11:14 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Hey guys yesto pani huncha ra?
Mero saathiko 3.9 gpa cha. Uslai healthma problem aayera yo semester break linu paryo. Advisorle approvee pani gardyo. Aile he is fine and applied for internship. Apply garda companyle uslai" u wereout of status since a year bhancha". Ani schoolma check garda advisorle" oh I had forgotten to clear the semester off bhanyo. Pachi sevis terminate bhayeko rahecha re. Ani reason chai international meeting ma na aaeko le re jaba ki meetingko laaagi kehi email nai aako chaina.
Ani tei schoolma arkai saathiko sevis pani terminate bhaye rahecha. But since he is in the school rite now usko chai ek hapta ma thik huncha re.
I told him to go talk with the president of the university.
What should my friend do? Meeting ma na audaima out of status huncha ra bhanya? Meeting ma na jaane haru aru pani chan aru universityma. Tyo advisor bhakkhar advisie bhayeko ho. Teslai thaha po nabhayera ho ki daraera po ho ki.
Reply garnus hoila please.
Posted on 03-14-11 1:24 PM     [Snapshot: 565]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

it looks like it was their fault, talk to the university president see if he can help....otherwise consult a lawyer and sue the university for negligence .....goodluck......

Posted on 03-14-11 2:08 PM     [Snapshot: 635]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    
Posted on 03-14-11 3:20 PM     [Snapshot: 744]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

 Seems like a case for law suit.  But be sure to have relevant evidence in hand, such as your health records, email correspondence, witnesses, etc.
Posted on 03-14-11 4:49 PM     [Snapshot: 859]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

To get better info we need to know following things:

How long has it been since he is out of status?

After taking the semester off did the student returned to the school or not? If Yes, Does he have any document that proves he was in school ?

Did he applied for CPT  (Internship) on his own or from school as student needs to have permission from school for CPT??

If the SEVIS is terminated then only way to start is by readmission process. He have to apply to the school again and the school will send him new I-20 and start a new SEVIS record. He can use his previous credits and just go on as normal student after that.
He may need to leave the country and re-enter as a re-admission. In that case going to Canada and coming back seems the best option.

Posted on 03-14-11 10:31 PM     [Snapshot: 1152]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

"Hey guys yesto pani huncha ra? "
- Dude, I have gone through worse than that...so it doesn't surprise me. My DSO started charging money from students (cash/ cheque) to do immigration paperworks which never existed...he got fired and several student lost their status...these students (including me) could not get our status back...cause the f##ked up "Book Of Laws" says "...no matter what happens, it's student responisiblity to maintain their status..." [ I have read it, if you get chance do read it, might have to google it out, keyword, SEVIS, international student, immigration rules..."..]

Here is what you mentioned..
- "...Advisorle approvee pani gardyo....", Do you have a written proof for this (email? appointment ?letter ?issued I-20). If you do,you have a solid argument and I would get a lawyer and sue their ass, if not your buddy is screwed...Verbal approval doesn;t mean anything...

-.."...garda advisorle" oh I had forgotten to clear the semester off bhanyo."....IF you can get this statement in paper..and signed, you just dug yourself out of hole...

-"...companyle uslai" u wereout of status since a year bhancha....", This is a BIG problem, technically you can be out-of status for 5 months or so I believe and you need to apply for your re-instatement within this time period...If you don't, the only option left is leave the country and reapply for visa (before you do that make sure you collect enough document from your college to present your case to the immigration official, medical records, since the person was sick, etc,etc) ...Another option, which depends on the college...ask your college to issue you an I-20 for re-instatement purpose.....also ask them if they can write you a letter, stating it was mis-understanding or some sort of support letter to the USCIS that can support your cause of re-instatement...and apply as soon as possible.....now it entirely depends on the USICS to accept your application or reject it....since you are outside the time frame to apply for re-instatement.....depends how you present your case....[if they reject it, I highly highly recommend getting a lawyer, before you do anything....]

- "...Ani reason chai international meeting ma na aaeko le re jaba ki meetingko laaagi kehi email nai aako chaina...."...Again, this might be an excuse but there is nothing you can do about it....as I said earlier, the immigration laws explicity states that it's student responsibility to maintain their status....

Hope this helps... 
Posted on 03-14-11 11:17 PM     [Snapshot: 1194]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

It may sound a little harsh but why would you not be in touch with school to keep yourself abreast of the regulations?  Getting an entire year off?  Do you have any written approval for that?  Most international student advisers are not LPCs or Attorneys, but they are usually well versed in immigration matters.  Seek the adviser's assistance first, then only to the dean and president.  If it is their mistake, they will simply rectify it.  School DSO has been granted enormous power in immigration law.  I am sure it will be taken care of very easily.
Last edited: 15-Mar-11 12:14 AM

Posted on 03-15-11 12:07 AM     [Snapshot: 1255]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?    

Thanx. He talked with the president and he will take care of it re if my friend will come to school and see him even if he is in semester break re.
Thank you for advising.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
डीभी परेन भने खुसि हुनु होस् ! अमेरिकामाधेरै का श्रीमती अर्कैसँग पोइला गएका छन् !
शीर्षक जे पनि हुन सक्छ।
What are your first memories of when Nepal Television Began?
Sajha Poll: नेपालका सबैभन्दा आकर्षक महिला को हुन्?
NRN card pros and cons?
Basnet or Basnyat ??
निगुरो थाहा छ ??
TPS Re-registration case still pending ..
TPS Re-registration
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
अमेरिकामा छोरा हराएको सूचना
Anybody gotten the TPS EAD extension alert notice (i797) thing? online or via post?
nrn citizenship
Drawback for applying NRN card
Democrats are so sure Trump will win
Breathe in. Breathe out.
ढ्याउ गर्दा दसैँको खसी गनाउच
अमेरिकामा बस्ने प्राय जस्तो नेपालीहरु सबै मध्यम बर्गीय अथवा माथि (higher than middle class)
Sajha has turned into MAGATs nest
आज बाट तिहारको सेल सकियो
Nas and The Bokas: Coming to a Night Club near you
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters