Greater Boston Citizenship Initiative--Free Citizenship Assistance
The 3rd Annual
CITIZENSHIP CLINIC, FREE NATURALIZATION INFORMATION AND APPLICATION ASSISTANCE!
Immigration lawyers, law students and interpreters will be on hand to screen applicants for eligibility and assist eligible legal permanent residents in completing their citizenship applications. Low-income applicants will also be assisted in fee-waiver applications.
When: Saturday, February 4, 2012, 11am-2pm
Where: At SEIU Local 615: 26 West Street, 2nd Floor Boston, MA 02111 (Downtown Crossing & Park Street T Stations)
Register: by phone or online 617-65-READY (617-657-3239)
Are you Eligible to Apply for Citizenship?
You may be eligible if…
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have had a “green card” for at least 5 years OR you have had a “green card” and been married to a US Citizen for 3 years
- You have not left the US for more than 6 months
- You have been living in MA for at least 3 months
- You have registered for Selective Services (applicable to males born after 1959 who were residents between ages 18 to 26)
- You are able to read, write and speak basic English or qualify for an English waiver due to age/residency or disability
- You have no serious problems with the law
What you need to bring to the Clinic on Saturday, February 4, 2012:
- Green card
- List of your addresses for the past five (5) years
- List of your employment for the past five (5) years
- If married and/or divorced, all marriage and divorce certificates
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Two passport photos (optional for clinic)
*Certain low income LPRs may qualify for fee waivers. Inquire when you call to Register.
JOIN US for the chance to WIN...
$1360 for TWO naturalization applications or a $500 grocery gift card!!**
Prizes for event volunteers as well!
For event registration or general questions about the Greater Boston Citizenship Initiative: