One of my colleague at work, who is also a very talented senior DBA, is looking to start an online class for people interested in Oracle database administration. He is basically looking to help out those who have recently started their first projects and need to brush up on DBA skills quickly. He is also willing to provide support during their project if needed.
Those who are interested can inbox me and I will provide the contact info of the instructor (This is an individual effort and not through any agency or consultancy). Below are some more details on the course format:
1. Introduction to RDBMS.
2. Introduction to SQL (structured query language).
3. Data Defination language.
4. Data manipulation language.
1. Introduction to ORACLE DATABASE.
2. Internal Architecture of Oracle Database.
3. Memory Structure of Oracle Database.
4. Types of Database Files.
5. Types of Database parameters.
6. Introduction to Shutdown and Startup of database.
7. Introduction to logical storage of the database.(tablespaces,datafiles etc)
8. Database connectivity (Oracle Listeners)
9. Installation of Oracle Database
9. Logical backup of database (EXPDP) and EXPDP commands
10. Physical backup of databse (RMAN) and RMAN commands
11. Different types of databsae restore.
-> Logical Restore (using EXPDP)
-> Physical Restore
12. Introduction to Disaster Recovery and standby databases.
1. Introduction to High Availabilty Architecture in ORACLE.
2. Internal RAC process and Introduction to VIP and Scan LISTENERS.
2. Introduction to Shared Storage in ORACLE (Automatic Storage Management).
3. Different Replication ways in ORACLE (Golden Gate).
Major Practical and Real Time Scenarios:
1. Installation of Database software and database creation.
2. Full database migration using EXPDP.
3. Database restore using RMAN.
4. Standby database creation and validating the switchover of the database.
5. setting up GOLDEN GATE replication.