- Went to the following website and filled out DS-160 form (I did this before one month of my flight to Nepal) https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
- After submitting the DS-160 form, I went to the following website and created my profile to schedule an interview (DS-160 confirmation number is required). https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/?language=English&country=Nepal
- Told one of my friend in Nepal to go to any Investment Bank branch and pay my visa fee (passport number is required).
- Once the visa fee is paid, logged back into the website above and scheduled my interview.
You can find more information on how to pay visa fee and other information at this website: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/np/np-niv-paymentinfo.asp
Documents that I took
- DS-160 Confirmation page
- Visa appointment confirmation page
- U.S Visa Application Fees
- Cash Deposit Receipt (Investment Bank)
- One recent 2*2 size photograph
- Original I-797A (H1B)
- Contracting agreement between my company and prime vendor
- Letter from prime vendor
- Client letter
- Employer letter mentioning my pay
- Vacation approval from my employer
- I-129 (Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker)
- Support letter for I-129 from my employer
- My company’s tax returns for last two years
- My personal tax returns for last three years
- Pay stubs from latest two months
- Last three year’s W2’s
- Bachelor and Master’s Certificates (original)
- Official transkripts from all the colleges that I have attended
- All I20’s
- Confirmation email from my manager about my work email,EID, desk phone number, desk location, client’s physical address, department, and team name.
- Pictures of my work cube with myself in them
Basically, I took all the documents that were submitted to USCIS while filing my H1B Amendment/Extension. You should be able to get all these documents from your employer/lawyer.
Questions asked during the interview
- What is your work title?
- How long are you with this company?
- Are you working as a consultant?
- Who is your client?
Although, I took all the above documents, the only things that were asked from me during the interview was I-797A(H1B) and Passport.That’s it.Visa approved!!
Next day, I got an email saying my passport is ready to collect. I went to Investment Bank in Durbar Marg and collected my passport. Few days later, I went to श्रम तथा रोजगार मन्त्रालय in Tahachal and got Labor permit stamped in my passport (this is required). Good luck to everyone who are going or planning to go for stamping.