[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by bkscha
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Change of status from H1B to F-2
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 10-27-18 9:27 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Is it possible to change status from H1B to F-2 after termination of H1B during grace period? Anyone has any idea? Or has gone through that before?
Posted on 10-28-18 12:17 AM     [Snapshot: 153]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Last edited: 28-Oct-18 12:47 PM

Posted on 10-30-18 1:27 PM     [Snapshot: 532]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Unfortunately there is no grace period under H-1B after termination.
Posted on 10-30-18 1:38 PM     [Snapshot: 548]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@bkscha: Yes you could apply for F-2 during the grace period of 60 days.

Documentation Needed:
G-1145, E-Notification of Application/Petition Acceptance
A cover letter (one page) requesting the change of status from your current status to F-2. This letter should include a brief explanation as why you wish to change to F-2 status. You should also provide a checklist of the documentation you are including in your application.
USCIS Form I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status, including application fee.
Evidence of financial support (i.e., bank statement, F-1's assistantship letter, etc.).
Copy of your entire F-2 I-20 (the F-1 must sign the “Student Attestation” section on page 1 of the form before making a copy). Do NOT send your original I-20. USCIS does not require the original and will not return it.
Copies of all of the immigration documents (e.g. DS-2019, I-20, I-797, paper or print-out of electronic Form I-94, valid passport, visa stamp, EAD card, etc.) showing that you are currently in lawful non-immigrant status.
Copy of the waiver (if you were previously subject to the 212(e) Two-Year Foreign Residency Requirement while in J status), if applicable.
Copies of all of your F-1 spouse's/parent's immigration documents (e.g., I-20, I-797, paper or print-out of electronic Form I-94, valid passport, visa stamp, EAD card, etc.) showing that he/she is currently in lawful F-1 status.
Proof of your relationship with your F-1 spouse/parent (e.g., copy of marriage certificate, birth certificate, passport information).

Yes, @istmaitra bro USCIS now gives 60 days grace period to find another job or change your status for H1B, this rule was passed in 2016 which states the below:

Establish a grace period of up to 60 consecutive days during each authorized validity period for certain high-skilled nonimmigrant workers when their employment ends before the end of their authorized validity period, so they may more readily pursue new employment and an extension of their nonimmigrant status.

Check this link out:


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 200 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
मलाई ब्रेड खायो कि सारै पाद आउछ..
which stock to buy
I m offered a Job in Bank in Nepal, should i go back ?
Buying land in kathmandu
Hpw to bring huge sum of money from Nepal to US
❤️ चिक्नी चमेली ❤️
प्रियंका कार्की फोटो अबलम भाग २ , ३ जून २०१६ copyright @पुन्टर
Nepali names that sound funny in America
##केटा हो ,*Monthly* कती *SAVE* हुन्छ ? ##
ओपन challenge फर गनाउने (underwear)
ट्रंप २०२०
हाकिमनी संग- आज सुक्रबार -३
मेरो जिन्दगी Java र बाबा मा अड्कियो
Be aware of fraudulent contacts within Classifieds
The Facebook Surprise
1 Dollar= Rs 60 soon?
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters