I was a civil engineer . found first job without internship but i was lucky i will say . unless you have a good internship experince and glowing resume dont try job boards like indeed or monster. its waste of time . since you are international student and lack of work workexperince gives enough reasons to reject your resume . its very very hard . Tips for you
1) If you had good relation with your professor ask help with him . they have many industry connections usually .
2) Check craigslist .
3) Check yellow pages of your city and target companies that match your domain and shortlist them and check their website . many companies post job on their website not on job boards .
4) good search with keywords " manufactures near zipcode xxxx" " engineering consulatants near zipcode xxx" and so forth and repeat step 3
5) when applying for job try to email to hiring authority if possible. try to find engineering managers email or hrs email rathert than career @ xyz.com
6) give a try to jobbyfax.com . they fax resume to multiple companies insetad of email. give a try .
7) always make your resume stand out . rather than using plain see whats current trend in market . see how can your resume catch eye . make your projects shine by making them interesting . Designed suction pump for a group project sounds dull. Designed state of the art Pumping system for a model home using Raspberry pi micrcontroller and sensors xyz using abc theory to demonstrate blah blah blah .
thats all i can think of . my experience say niche it down . dont do what everyone else is doing .