[Show all top banners]

Biggy Small
Replies to this thread:

More by Biggy Small
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 Birth Certificate
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 02-17-10 8:34 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hello All, I was in the process of applying for my I-140 and one of the documents requested is Birth Certificate. I don't have one. How did you guys provide one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted on 02-17-10 9:51 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Its one hell of a task bro. The best, get your relatives back home to make a kundali from a Brahman, get it translated and faxed to you. You'll need both copies ( In Nepali and English ).

Good luck.

Posted on 02-17-10 10:01 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?         Liked by

It is nothing that complex.. you need one letter from your vdc or munacipality.. that says somethin like... . "... mr. ABC son of Mr. XY and Mrs. YZ was born in abc vdc - 2, Tanahu, Nepal, on 25th Dec 2003".. or something similar.. The letter should bear stamp and signature of secretary.. If it is issued in Nepali, you need it's english translation, from kitab khana.. 
Posted on 02-17-10 11:09 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I would type it myself in english on municipality or VDC's letter pad, designed on word processing software and color print it and finally sign it. No need to translate. No need to wait, easy and cost effective and as much genuine.

Posted on 02-18-10 9:41 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Rukdhell has a practical solution, and ANS is right. These days, documents are translated and certified by notary publics in Nepal.

Posted on 02-18-10 9:52 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Forgery is a crime!

Posted on 02-18-10 9:54 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

forgery is a crime until you get caught
Posted on 02-18-10 4:36 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

When you ask your VDC or Municipility to make a Birth Certificate, don't forget to include your mother's name on that certificate. According to US rules, In birth certificate both father's and mother's name along with birth date should be mentioned. Otherwise you can show your citizenship, but there is only father's name and birth date, not mother's name.

Therefore, make your birth certificate from your VDC or municipility, translate from notary or kitab khana and submit. Good Luck.

Posted on 02-19-10 10:18 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

ANS, Rukdhell and Yubarajk all three provided very good information. In fact, I have recently been through this process and it worked! Good luck to you too!

Posted on 02-19-10 6:49 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

If you are from Kathmandu,. it's easy.. they alreayd have engish format... they give you certificate saying that your birth date is this and that, and your father mother's names are this that that.... based on your Citizenship cards.. yeah.. they need to see both citizenship cards of your parents... and not only that they also paste a photo of yours on that ceertificate.... if you want.. take a picture of yourself NAKED... and send over.. after all it's your birth certificate.. naked picture would be better..banchhan.. haha

Posted on 02-20-10 10:37 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     1       ?         Liked by

One more note - By the way, when you apply ( in USA), you should include copies of both formats - copy of original that was issued in nepali language, and also the copy of its english translation. Most people just think, US immigration needs its english translation copy only.. and send it without its original nepali copy.. and they get delayed in their application processing.. US immigration will write you asking for original's copy as well. So, include both the copies..to make your application processed smooth and in time.. 

If your original letter was issued in English from your vdc or municipality, then of course, you just have one copy to attach to your application..and that is sufficient. 

Posted on 02-23-10 11:51 AM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


Why would you not use this? Please reply me.

D. Birth Certificate

does not issue birth certificate. However, in case of hardship,
applicants may apply for a certification letter with the following
supporting documents as a proof of their date of birth:

  1. An application with parents' name, applicant's place of birth and date of birth;

  2. A Money Order or Cashier's Check of $ 25.00 drawn in the name of the Embassy of Nepal;

  3. Original Citizenship Certificate;

  4. Copies of Passport (page 1, 2 and 3);

  5. A copy of US visa;

  6. If the applicant is unable to submit a copy of Citizenship
    Certificate, submit a copy of any academic certificate issued by school
    or college with date of birth mentioned therein; and

  7. Postage paid self-addressed return envelope.


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 90 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
What stocks to buy -- Any recommendation
ट्रंप २०२०
❤️ सम्मर लभ ❤️
मलाई ब्रेड खायो कि सारै पाद आउछ..
tesla stock OMG !!
I m offered a Job in Bank in Nepal, should i go back ?
हाकिमनी संग- आज सुक्रबार -३
Dr. Fauci न टोक्नु न बोक्नु भएको छ ट्रुम्पलाई
##केटा हो ,*Monthly* कती *SAVE* हुन्छ ? ##
नो ट्रम्प २०२०
दलित जगारण मोर्चा
1 Dollar= Rs 60 soon?
TPS to change of status denied ..Need help
Sajha Poll: Who is underwear ko avatar?
Sajha user you want to meet in person !!
Nepalese for JOE BIDEN
यसरी मेरो कुमारत्व गुमेको थियो
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters