[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by kakakul
What people are reading
:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
 बर्बाद !!!!!?? MA State tax Audit मा गयो!
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 03-28-11 3:16 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

साथीहरु, सबैले जस्तै Tax भरेको हो, फेडेरल त आइसक्यो, state चाही audit मा गयो भनेर letter आएको छ | ५-६  वर्ष भयो F1 status  मा नै छु family सहित | अब के हुन्छा? Earned Income and Child credit नि आएको थियो फेडेरल मा| Turbo  TAX  बाट भरेको | state मा withholding र Earned Income दुवै छ|

Documents they are asking:

1) complete copy of federal return including all schedules, attachments and forms. - रेगुलर tax file गरेर तिरेको भन्दा धेरै फिर्ता आएको थियो | I know some of the deductions were not allowed for students, if i was using 1040NR.

2) Copy of Earned Income Credit ( child was born in US and is US citizen) and copies of all SS cards. - समस्या यहाँ नेर नि छ - SSC  मा त काम गर्ने authorization - ओन्ली विथ DNS authorization  भनेको छ |

3) All 1099 forms issued. 4) copy of paystub.

I am working on OPT. अब डर लागेको कुरा state ले त audit गरेर दिन्न भन्ला तर do they report this to फेडेरल IRS as well? as they would get the copy of Federal return. What should I do now? What is the best way out of this?

thanks a lot.

Posted on 03-28-11 3:25 PM     [Snapshot: 24]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Correct me if I will be wrong, what if u send a copy of social without written that DHS thing. Made from photoshop! Doesn't it be solution!
Posted on 03-28-11 3:48 PM     [Snapshot: 76]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Jhukka bhaye chai jail jalaa hai bro.
Posted on 03-28-11 3:49 PM     [Snapshot: 70]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

thats a good idea americane, but wont they try to verify by some other means? If i get cought, what the hell should i be going through......???? Isn't that just too scary?
thanks for input.
Posted on 03-28-11 5:27 PM     [Snapshot: 217]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

You worked on SSC without DNS authorization? That ain't sound too good.

Don't worry much, hopefully you don't go through hard time.
Don't ever try to do photoshop thing, you will be screwed badly.
Try to be as honest as possible and pay back if have received more return than you deserve.  
Posted on 03-28-11 6:50 PM     [Snapshot: 343]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

IRS doesnt leaves a penny behind they will get it back sooner or later. Dont worry about that submit whatever they ask. And yes you will have to pay back the sum you owe. Happened something similar with me. Just chill. 
Posted on 03-28-11 7:01 PM     [Snapshot: 343]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Must be residing Summerville area and how long you are filing MA state tax? .  Do not follow Americane, and create another mistake, If found easy is to use immigration law and deportation must likely.
Do not worry about federal. I do not think they will send it to IRS,
Now deal it boldly. You have OPT and you are residing over 5 years and MA does not have different filing system as Federal. So there only Resident or non resident , no alien therefore who ever residing alien or non alien has to file tax so you did.

There fore not much to worry about it. Send them all the papers they have asked for. In your case if you have got educational credit and they may take it out. because you are not a citizen.  As well they may go back year and try to save penny and may ask you to pay back and some interest on it. If the amount too big you may go to tax lawyer but you have to figure out the best way that serves to you.
Do not worry much. Keep posting.

Posted on 03-28-11 7:27 PM     [Snapshot: 419]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@syanjaali daju, i didn't ask him to do that , i just told him yeso garda kaso huncha.

@kakakul , I just suggest you yeso garda kaso huncha , i didn't tell u to do that.  i have heard IRS asking for all money back , they gave before but never heard of deportation because of tax case. so send them all original paper and get ready to pay their money back .
Gud luck bro

Posted on 03-28-11 7:47 PM     [Snapshot: 460]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Aren't you eligible to file tax as a resident after 5 calendar years?

Posted on 03-28-11 8:54 PM     [Snapshot: 537]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@Syanjali, thanks.
No, I dont live in somerville, I live a bit far from there. Never filed MA state tax before, this is first time. Had filed federal tax almost all of last five years.. oh no, did not file once coz had no income.
Not getting MA tax return is not a big deal coz havent got yet and not that big amount either. No educational credit, Just withheld amount and EIC(Earned Income Credit). But, if they report the case to IRS after getting copy of federal return...... there gonna be beg problem coz amount was little big becaause of child. (money already spent... hahahha)
Dont worry, i did not take that as advice but just as input which can not afford.
5yrs... Thats what i had heard........ Even my second year in USA tax accountant told me that and she filled my tax as regular US citizen saying you have been living continually for more than 120 days.

More thoughts and expericed ones pls.

Although, I see no option than submitting the documents they have asked, i am just wondering the consequences..... Laharo le paharo tanne ho ki bhanne.
Posted on 03-28-11 9:15 PM     [Snapshot: 589]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Hey Kakakul,

Let me ask you one question. Because you are on OPT, did your employer withold Social security and medicare taxes? If yes then you are eligible to file as an american.

Hope that helps


Posted on 03-28-11 9:24 PM     [Snapshot: 623]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

They did try to withheld SS and medicare but I told them that I am on OPT and do not need to pay for that...... After that they did contact their central office.... talked with several others and finally asked me to provide the copy of I-20 i guess and some other documents and stoped withhelding. They gave me return of whatsoever was withheld.
Posted on 03-28-11 9:55 PM     [Snapshot: 676]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

kakakul bro, I went through the same process last year , a cpa handles all our papers and we did everything they asked, my cpa is an Indian guy and he told me that there is an Indian guy who handles all the govt tax, he is some kinda head of the department of auditing and is targeting people from India and Nepal and giving everyone a hard time......I dont know if its true or not BUT I suggest you talk to a CPA regarding your letter and have him look at your stuff first before you send it. goodluck

Posted on 03-28-11 10:15 PM     [Snapshot: 724]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

@Terobaje bro,
Yes I heard that too about that Indian Guy. And the letter i received has his name as Commissioner of MA Department of revenue. Can I get some details how did you resolve the problem (it can be personal message, if you dont feel in public forum). that would be a great help buddy.
I am hoping after 5yrs rule could bail me up otherwise ta big problem ma parine jasto chha.
Please share your experince, i am really counting on you to get started. thanks.
Posted on 03-28-11 11:06 PM     [Snapshot: 825]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Since when did you started working on OPT ? What was your AGI for last year . I guess they will get you for tax fraud with lots of penalties accompanied by jail time (if you don't get deported).
Anyways hire a tax attorney ASAP, before it gets any worse. And giving them photoshoped SS card is another act of fraud. Watch out .
Good luck
Posted on 03-28-11 11:35 PM     [Snapshot: 859]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

I am not working ilegally and please don't try to scare the hell out of me please. I just went through this website http://www.sfsu.edu/~oip/Taxes/infotoknow.htm
Which says about 5 yrs rule, but I am not sure if i was supposed to go through any paperwork through IRS to prove or mention I have been living more than 5 yrs in USA. Anybody have any idea?
Posted on 03-28-11 11:58 PM     [Snapshot: 890]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

hire a cpa bro....he will explain better.

Posted on 03-29-11 3:47 AM     [Snapshot: 1011]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

"International students in F-1 and J-1 nonimmigrant status who have been in the United States more than 5 calendar years are resident aliens and are liable for social security/medicare taxes. When measuring your date of entry for the purposes of determining the 5 calendar years mentioned above, the actual date of entry is not important. It is the calendar year of entry which is counted toward the five calendar years respectively. Thus, for example, an international student who enters the United States on December 31, 2003 counts 2003 as the first of his/her five years as an exempt individual."

src = http://www.uc.edu/international/services/taxes/social_security_medicare_refund.html

if you have already been  in US for over 5 yrs, then you asked for the refund of SS and medicare tax which you sholdn't have

Posted on 03-29-11 1:14 PM     [Snapshot: 1241]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

The very first time I was suggested to send by mail while I filed MA tax long time ago.

On the top of your letter put the copy of your work authorization paper and social security cards' copy underneath. Submit all asked papers you will be fine.
If they ask you forther more , then think of hiring tax professional who has been working for long time, not  a CPA , they do not make money working for individual and  work for corporate or business therefore they do not know much unless they realy practice individual tax.
Do not worry, just send the paper as I said. If needed a tax professional I will find you one.

Posted on 05-29-11 11:20 PM     [Snapshot: 1531]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

Finally, Got the Money Deposited on my bank account, It took a while though. They did not ask anything more.Of course, I had send whatever they had asked promptly on time, Both SS Cards.... Copy of Federal Return, Child Credit..... everything.
Releived a lot.
thanks eveeryone for their input.

Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
अनभिज्ञ तिमी
US upcoming recession --- is it good time to buy house when rates are low or is it good time to wait recession?
नेपाली समुदायको भारी समर्थन Iowa caucus मा Bernie Sanders लाई - PHOTOS
Anyone renewed their passport through DC embassy lately?
W2 issue
is it good to marry girl who are already in US or go back to Nepal and do arrange marriage?
travel from nepal to US amid corona virus
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
My new song "kaliko thumka"
पिउनको सम्पत्ति ९ करोड ७३ लाख
अब नसुध्रि शुख - आस्था राउतले डण्ठे भन्दै गालि नगरेको भए कसैले सुन्थेन ....
बिहे गर्न अगाडी प्रियांकाले आफ्ना शुभेक्छुकहरुलाई यसरी आफ्नो पोल्ने धुंवादार शरीर (smoking hot body) देखाईन
Room available
अमेरिकामा नेपालीलाई दुःख छ, सकभर नजानुस
पुन्टर पिन्कु र नाज ब्रो
need room at Kentucky
Pete Buttigieg is the new Hillary Clinton
Send money in Nepal
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters