[Show all top banners]

Replies to this thread:

More by HappyFace
What people are reading
[Total Subscribers 1]

:: Subscribe
Back to: Kurakani General Discussion Refresh page to view new replies
SAVE! for ease of future access.
Posted on 04-25-11 7:43 PM     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        


I need help with CPT/OPT please....if you have any experience on this matter, please share - would appreciate it.

On CPT right now, which is expiring soon. Already have filed OPT application for OPT, which is in process (OPT hasnt been approved yet). My question is, if OPT is not approved before CPT expires, does USCIS authorize to work legally, with only OPT application receipt while OPT application is pending?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Posted on 04-25-11 8:03 PM     [Snapshot: 12]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

You must need to have OPT to work. OPT receipt won't allow you to work legally.
Posted on 04-25-11 9:09 PM     [Snapshot: 59]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

 As said, you shud have OPT card in had to do work on OPT. Even if the OPT is approved but you have not received the card, you can't do the work till you get the card. 
Posted on 04-26-11 9:43 AM     [Snapshot: 184]     Reply [Subscribe]
Login in to Rate this Post:     0       ?        

above comments are true but there can be an alternative....

The fact is you can't be on payroll for the period starting the expiration date of CPT till u get your OPT.  That being said you have to temporarily stop working or if your company agrees you can keep working and not run the payroll for that duration and get paid later when you have your EAD card.  but for this to happen you need your company's support...... talk to your manager, things may not be in his/her hands but they can talk to payroll department if that is possible.   Once you get your EAD card, you can get paid as "Bonus" or something to be added to your first paycheck(after your receive ur EAD) along with that pay period.

if the company wants they can do it for you and it won't be on records anywhere that you worked but you will get paid for the hours you worked during that period. but if the company have strict policies then you have to be temporarily out of work. enjoy your holidays :)


Please Log in! to be able to reply! If you don't have a login, please register here.



Within last 60 days
Recommended Popular Threads Controvertial Threads
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
अनभिज्ञ तिमी
US upcoming recession --- is it good time to buy house when rates are low or is it good time to wait recession?
नेपाली समुदायको भारी समर्थन Iowa caucus मा Bernie Sanders लाई - PHOTOS
Anyone renewed their passport through DC embassy lately?
W2 issue
is it good to marry girl who are already in US or go back to Nepal and do arrange marriage?
travel from nepal to US amid corona virus
कोमल ओलि र धिरेन्द्र बिचको अफेयर
My new song "kaliko thumka"
पिउनको सम्पत्ति ९ करोड ७३ लाख
अब नसुध्रि शुख - आस्था राउतले डण्ठे भन्दै गालि नगरेको भए कसैले सुन्थेन ....
बिहे गर्न अगाडी प्रियांकाले आफ्ना शुभेक्छुकहरुलाई यसरी आफ्नो पोल्ने धुंवादार शरीर (smoking hot body) देखाईन
Room available
अमेरिकामा नेपालीलाई दुःख छ, सकभर नजानुस
पुन्टर पिन्कु र नाज ब्रो
need room at Kentucky
Pete Buttigieg is the new Hillary Clinton
Send money in Nepal
Presidential rights to assassination rights?
TRUMP 2016!!! Here is why?
NOTE: The opinions here represent the opinions of the individual posters, and not of Sajha.com. It is not possible for sajha.com to monitor all the postings, since sajha.com merely seeks to provide a cyber location for discussing ideas and concerns related to Nepal and the Nepalis. Please send an email to admin@sajha.com using a valid email address if you want any posting to be considered for deletion. Your request will be handled on a one to one basis. Sajha.com is a service please don't abuse it. - Thanks.

Sajha.com Privacy Policy

Like us in Facebook!

↑ Back to Top
free counters